Blogger templates

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

CVS Week Of 8/28 | $10 Gas Card

Long time no post, well it feels that way. Last week I did not have much time to shop and there weren't any deals on items I needed to stock up on so I stayed indoors out of the valley heat and enjoyed a week off from the stores.

This week I had a late start and didnt get to the store until yesterday (after I had $10 in register rewards and +up rewards expire). I am usually good about not letting rewards expire but it happens. I accepted the fact I lost out on $10 and moved on.

This week there wasn't anything I needed to stock up on this week aside for some Visine but I did have a few $4/1 Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor and they were going to expire. I saw CVS included them on the gas card deal this week (spend $30 and get $10 gas) so this was my deal idea. Although the coupons I used expired there are some $2/1 coupons from last Sundays inserts. In that case it will be $6 more than my deal.

3 Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor $9.99 sale price  $12.99 reg price
MQ 3 - $4/1 Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor PG 7/31 (expired)
or
MQ 3 - $2/1 Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor PG 8/28
Total $29.97 Pay $17.97

2 Visine $4.99 reg price

(Buy 1 Get 1 50% off)
MQ 2 - $2/1 Any Visine Product smartsource.com
Total $9.98 Pay $3.48

Total before coupons and discount $39.95

I printed my $4/$20 coupon from my extracare account on cvs.com Every Tuesday there is usually a new weekly coupon I can print or send to card (I prefer to print).

So anytime I'm using one of those coypons it is the first one I hand over to my cashier. Then I will give them my manufacture coupons and lastly any extra bucks.

Total after coupons $19.95
I had $10 extra bucks

So my total after all discounts, coupons and extra bucks

Total $9.95 OOP (Out Of Pocket)
and I got a $10 gas card.

It's like paying $9.95 for $10 woth of gas and getting $40 worth of products for free!

Although you may not be able to copy my idea exactly I wanted to share my scenario so you could see an example to help you put together your own deals and maxamize using those $4/$20, $5/$30, $10/$50 and whatever else combo coupons cvs sends out.

Have a great shopping week. I'm making an attempt to visit Target this week so I may have one more update this week if that goes well otherwise that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More