Blogger templates

Friday, August 12, 2011

Does Ralphs Grocery Store Double Coupons? Yes They DO!

I think many people watch TLC's Extreme Couponing Show and expect to walk out the store with $1,000 worth of products without paying a dime. Although I get in on great deals at the drugstores like CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreens on a weekly basis I have never gone grocery shopping and be able to do what they do on tv. I'm sure it's possible but I haven't had the need to buy 100 bottles of mustard or 500 boxes of pasta. I also don't believe anyone should be buying in such mass quantities unless they are really sharing and donating the surplus but that should also be done by pre-ordering your items at your store instead of clearing shelves and leaving nothing for others. That's just not fair. (end rant, lol).

Often I get asked which markets double coupons. From my shopping experiences Ralphs and Vons double coupons up to $1.00, but some only double the first 3 coupons. Double coupons doesn't mean your coupon is doubled in value. It means the store you are shopping at will double it up to a $1.00, so if your coupon is for $0.45 you will get an additional $0.55 off to equal $1.00. Again if you have a $0.75 coupon it will be doubled buy the store with an additional $0.25 to equal a $1.00. So basically whatever cents off coupon you may have the store will add a "bonus coupon" to equal a $1.00. It's always best to ask your store what their coupon policy is. I'm sharing my receipt to help those who are visual learners understand the math better with double coupons.

I may gladly add every Ralphs and Vons I have shopped at have always doubled all my coupons without any problems.  I thought I would share my trip to Ralphs today. The Ralphs in Woodland Hills (20060 Ventura Blvd at Winnetka) had a face lift and today was their Ralphs fresh fare Grand Opening so for the next 5 days they have a few specials going on.

This is what I picked up today. I wasn't intending on getting any meat but since it was 50% off all the rib roasts I picked one up.


4 Coca-Cola Soft Drink Select Varieties 12 pk $1.99 sale price $5.99 reg price
Limit 4 with Card

10 Bananas 4lbs for $1.00
with Card

1 Beef Chuck Rib Roast $5.10 sale price $10.21 reg price
with Card

2 Ore-Ida Frozen Potatoes Select Varieties 2/$5.00 sale price $4.79 reg price
with Card
MQ 1 - $1.00/2 Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries

2 Oreo Cookies Select Varieties $0.99 sale price $3.99 reg price
Limit 2 with Card
MQ 1 - $0.75/2 Nabisco Cookies or Cracker SS 8/7

1 Silk Soy Milk Pure Almond $2.79 sale price $4.99 reg price
with Card
MQ 1 - $1.00/1 Silk Soy Milk

4 Colgate Toothpaste $0.88 sale price $2.99 reg price
with Card
MQ 4 - $0.50/1 Any Colgate Toothpaste

After using my Ralphs rewards card, coupons and tax my total came to $24.33 for $74.98 worth of groceries. That means today I saved $50.65!




You can see on my receipt items I bought and the price before and after rewards card has been applied. After all my items listed are my coupons I used. The $1.00 coupons are not doubled but the cents off coupons are. I used 4 of the same coupons for the Colgate toothpaste and they were all doubled to $1.00 because Ralphs gave me a "bonus coupon" of $0.50. The best part about that is the toothpaste is on sale for $0.88 so after Ralphs doubled my coupon to $1.00 I got $0.12 overage for each toothpaste I bought. That means Ralphs paid me $0.12 a tube of toothpaste to take home. The last two coupons on the list was for the Oreo cookies, I had a $0.75 coupon and Ralphs gave me a "bonus coupon" of $0.25 to make it $1.00.

I hope this helps somebody in any way of what double coupon means and how it is applied at Ralphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More